Come and spend a relaxed and creative day in a fully equipped jewellery studio in the Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. By the end of the day you will leave with a bangle that you have crafted using time-honoured and traditional silversmithing techniques.
You will learn to:
- Cut silver to shape and/or length using a piercing saw
- File silver to fine tolerances.
- Make solder joints using hard soldering techniques
- Clean up pieces after soldering
- Use various techniques to achieve different finishes
- Polish metal to a mirror finish
You will be taught by Robin Shelton, a degree-qualified Jeweller and Silversmith with over thirty years experience of designing, making and teaching.
Hot and cold soft drinks and home-made cake will be available throughout the day and we will break for lunch between 12.30 and 1pm. Please bring a packed lunch to eat in our lovely, secluded garden.
The cost of the day per person is £95.00 with a minimum two people, plus materials
Approximate materials costs for a bangle - £30-50
One-to-one tuition in specific techniques is available on request at a rate of £190 per day
Please contact Robin if you require any further information and to book a date on 07875 543743 or email: email@example.com